Reverse Engineering Services
Give our 3D Scan team a call! 952-252-3479
We can help solve your missing parts documentation!
If you need to make manufacturing design changes, but don’t have parts data and documentation, Laser Design’s on-site or in-lab reverse engineering services can help.
Reverse engineering using 3D scan data is the most efficient & effective way to generate a CAD model from a physical object that has any kind of complex or free-form shape. While using traditional measurement techniques such as calipers to reverse engineer these complex surfaces can be difficult or even impossible, 3D laser scanning shines – literally! Scan data can be turned into a model representing its as-built shape or to match original as-designed features – including parametric ones.
Take advantage of our 30 years of reverse engineering experience to help you:
- Obtain CAD data that captures an object’s original design intent
- Design a new part to fit to a legacy part
- Accurately model performance surfaces
- Update CAD models of your tooling to match shop-floor changes
- Redesign a part without manufacturing defects
- Modernize your manufacturing process
Our consultative, problem solving process will help you quantify performance goals and ultimately get you the deliverable you need. Whether it’s a quick surface model or a fully parametric file, Laser Design has a solution that’s right for you. Our engineers have experience working with a wide variety of CAD packages and will deliver files in any format you need. Learn more about our 3D scanning services!
Accuracy in 3D scanning and modeling guarantees the results you need. We’ve produced 3D CAD libraries for many different clients, in multiple CAD formats.
The CAD models we generate from reverse engineering services are:
- Rich media assets
- Suitable for publishing on your website and for your customers’ use
- Time and resource savers – giving you a huge marketing advantage
- Directly downloadable for your designs
- Usable in engineering, structure building, BIM and other types of projects for faster prototyping
- Useful for retrofitting, reverse engineering and various types of simulations
- Reverse engineering services make simulations and physical calculations much easier