Reverse Engineering Services
Give our 3D Scan team a call! 952-252-3479
Solve your missing parts documentation!
If you need to make manufacturing design changes, but don’t have parts data and documentation, Laser Design’s on-site or in-lab reverse engineering services can help.
Reverse engineering using 3D scan data is the most efficient way to generate a CAD model from a physical object that has any kind of complex or freeform shape. While using traditional measurement techniques such as calipers to reverse engineer these complex surfaces can be difficult or even impossible, 3D laser scanning shines – literally! Scan data can be turned into a model representing its as-built shape or to match original as-designed features – including parametric ones.
Take advantage of our 30 years of reverse engineering experience to help you:
- Obtain CAD data that captures an object’s original design intent
- Design a new part to fit to a legacy part
- Accurately model performance surfaces
- Update CAD models of your tooling to match shop-floor changes
- Redesign a part without manufacturing defects
- Modernize your manufacturing process
3D scanning is not the “easy button” that many think it is. The most critical step in the reverse engineering process is the modeling performed by the applications engineers. Consequently, the reverse engineering process can be quite complex and is very dependent on the skill and expertise of both the engineers doing the work and those managing the project. The better the engineers, the better the results. At Laser Design, with our 30 years of engineering experience and over 25,000 projects successfully completed, you know that you are working with the some of the best engineers in the world.
Our consultative, problem solving process will help you quantify performance goals and ultimately get you the deliverable you need. Whether it’s a quick surface model or a fully parametric file, Laser Design has a solution that’s right for you. Our engineers have experience working with a wide variety of CAD packages and will deliver files in any format you need.
Accuracy in 3D scanning and modeling guarantee the results you need. We’ve produced 3D CAD libraries for many different clients, in multiple CAD formats.
The CAD models we generate from reverse engineering services are:
- Rich media assets
- Suitable for publishing on your website and for your customers’ use
- Time and resource savers – giving you a huge marketing advantage
- Directly downloadable for your designs
- Usable in engineering, structure building, BIM and other types of projects for faster prototyping
- Useful for retrofitting, reverse engineering and various types of simulations
- Reverse engineering services make simulations and physical calculations much easier