3D Laser Scanning – 3D Solutions for a 3D World
Laser Design provides you with 3D solutions for a 3D world. Regarded as the premier provider of ultra-precise 3D scanning systems and 3D measurement services, Laser Design helps customers successfully complete their most complex inspection, analysis, and reverse engineering projects.
With 30 years of successful 3D scanning projects and happy clients, Laser Design scans everything from tiny components to vehicles and even entire buildings. We have locations around the globe and our 3D scanning systems provide you with unmatched technology and expertise.
Click one of the options below if your project involves:
- Tiny part(s) smaller than 1”
- Small/medium part(s)
- Internal Geometry on part(s)
- Anatomical 3D scanning
- Firearms and other weapons
- Aircraft, Vehicle or Vessel
- Buildings and other large structures
- Or are you interested in owning your own 3D Scanning System
See below to learn more about 3D scanning, watch videos, download files or simply contact us to learn more!
What is 3D Scanning?
3D Laser Scanning is a non-contact, non-destructive technology that digitally captures the shape of physical objects using a line of laser light. 3D laser scanners create “point clouds” of data from the surface of an object. In other words, 3D laser scanning is a way to capture a physical object’s exact size and shape into the computer world as a digital 3-dimensional representation.
3D laser scanners measure fine details and capture free-form shapes to quickly generate highly accurate point clouds. 3D laser scanning is ideally suited to the measurement and inspection of contoured surfaces and complex geometries which require massive amounts of data for their accurate description and where doing this is impractical with the use of traditional measurement methods or a touch probe. Watch the What is 3D Scanning video to learn more.
3D Scanning Photo Gallery
The Laser Design 3D Scanning Team has been busy! Besides a busy lab (that is also ITAR certified) we’ve also been to the World Trade Center, the new U.S. Bank Stadium, Space Needle, Miami Airport, ships in Korea, the Mirage volcano and more! We have the experience and know-how to tackle your next project whether it’s a small hearing aid or an entire ship! Check out our gallery of photos.
3D Scanning Videos
3D Scanning Case Studies
- 3D Scanning Helps Kimberly-Clark Save $500,000
- 3D Terrestrial Scan of Shattuck St. Mary’s
- 3D Scanning Provides High-Quality Data of Custom Electric Guitar
- 3D Scanning Brings Aspiring Car Designer Clay to Life
- 3D Scanning at Laser-Light Speed
- 3D Scan of Electric Car Opening Doors to the CAD Automotive World
- 3D Laser Scanning Makes an “Impression” on the Dental Profession
- 3D Laser Scanning Ensures Accuracy and Safety of Free-form Turbine Blades
- 1st Virtual: 1:500 Scale Napoleonic Figurines
- 29 years of Unusual Laser Scanning Projects
- As-Built vs. Design Intent: A Reverse Engineering Dilemma
- As Featured in Time Compression Magazine: Reverse Engineering Things to Know
- Compare the Difference: Laser Design Scan Data vs. Industry Average
- Corvette Engine Cruises With High-Performance Part From 3D Scanning
- Lobster Scanning with the Artec Space Spider
- Scanning a “Bot” from Mystery Science Theater 3000