GKS’ experienced metrologists use the latest digitizing and software technologies available for both contact and non-contact measurement to perform dimensional inspection for your company.
GKS is in compliance with ISO 17025, which means we are covered by ISO/IEC 17025.
Through the scanning of a physical part, 3D scan data is compared directly with the nominal CAD model to verify that the finished part or tooling conforms to the original design intent. Alternately, two sets of point cloud scan data can be compared with each other during the manufacturing process to assure parts stay in spec.
Traditional touch-probe contact measurement is usually used when certain (prismatic) features or locations of a part need to be dimensionally inspected to a tight tolerance. It can be performed with a manual CMM/PCMM, or automatically with a programmable CMM.
Dimensional Inspection Services Include:
- Physical part to CAD model comparison (product verification / tooling verification)
- PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)- Production part approval prior to the first production shipment of product in the following situations to identify changes that might affect the direct customer or ultimate purchaser
- Process Capability Studies -- Collect, compile, and analyze data utilizing best practices
- Gage R&R (Repeatability & Reproducibility) -- The GKS electronic data processing center and our high speed computerized CMMs can help you meet your R&R and Statistical Process Control requirements in a useful, timely way
- Impartial Evaluation -- Third party non-biased assessment of product conformance and specifications. GKS also provides expert witness testimony in product liability suits
- 3D Surface Roughness / non-contact optical inspection-- state-of-the-art equipment and expert understanding of 3D surface metrology help you solve your problems related to surface roughness, wear, texture, finish, flatness and more.
- Calibration & Certification of tooling, and all types of fixtures and gages
- Fixture and Gages - Measurement per industry standards
- Masters - Complete description of size geometry
- Hand Gages - Clean, adjust, and document - micrometers, calipers, height gages, and others
- In Plant - sending your gages and equipment to a calibration service usually requires you to shut down, or cut back on production-- not anymore! GKS will send members of our qualified staff to do your calibration work on site.
- Surface Finish Evaluation
- Vision-Based Inspection
Contact GKS to start your inspection service project today.