3D Scan to BIM
(Building Information Modeling)
Give our 3D scan team a call! 952-252-3478
Design excellence begins with a comprehensive understanding of existing conditions
Building Information Modeling (BIM) allows architects, designers, engineers, manufacturers, CGI experts, developers & contractors to work in collaboration. By working from the same 3D building information model, projects can be designed, constructed and managed with greater efficiency and accuracy. Laser Design’s 3D laser scanning service helps build a factual and accurate foundation that captures and enhances the necessary dimensions of complex environments and geometries for BIM.
With the use of 3D scanning, we can capture the interior and exterior of your existing structure in 3D and create a precise 3D model with 2D as-built drawings, directly from the captured scan data.
- Individuals can work from the same database while simultaneously maintaining work place safety since objects don’t have to be “touched” in order to be scanned
- Our 3D laser scanners collect millions of points to produce a very dense and accurate collection of individual point cloud measurements
- 2D or 3D CAD models can be produced to test and verify design concepts and account for existing conditions
- Provides more accuracy than traditional measured surveys- models include all current building elements such as beams, columns, ceilings, internal walls, external landscape and fittings
- A 3D BIM model has intelligence embedded within it, providing information, such as construction materials and conditions
- Customized deliverables provide you with a foundation for the further development of your renovation, retrofit or restoration project
Scan to BIM is the fastest, most accurate method for delivering as-built models -there is no comparison on the level and accuracy of data gathered during 3D laser scanning which makes it ideally suited for Building Information Modelling.