Automatic dental scanning of teeth, dentures, crowns, caps and bite models to ensure a perfect fit every time
GKS can automatically scan dental models of teeth, dentures, crowns, caps, bite models, etc. used in the orthodontic and dental manufacturing processes- we can digitize dental items quickly and accurately.
With a large measurement range, enhanced performance, and automatic adjustments for surface color and finish ensure you'll have excellent results time after time.
There are many reasons you may need to replicate your patients’ mouth, depending on what work is to be done, the first step is to make an impression of a person’s teeth and jaw set. From that, a physical plaster model, or impression is created.
Once the physical model is made, GKS laser scans it thoroughly to bring it into the digital world. The process is automated and a whole mouth scan takes only a few minutes. The scan data is extremely accurate and can be used in many dental applications:
- General Dentistry: to build crowns and restore teeth and bridges
- Oral Surgery: to fit partial and complete dentures, make devices to be implanted or fit to the teeth and jaw, to reconstruct jaw bones from CT data for surgical restoration products
- Orthodontics: to develop, build, fit, and improve appliances
- Oral Healthcare: to develop and improve oral healthcare products
- Record Storage: to document and archive patient impressions, reducing storage space
- Cosmetic Dentistry: to create and fit caps, “grills,” and other cosmetic items for teeth
- Research: to model a specific condition or population for research
- Reverse Engineering a Part: to reverse engineer (or recreate) an old part or device for which no CAD data is available
Whether creating new teeth, products and devices, or studying dental issues of a given population, modern oral healthcare practitioners and product developers are availing themselves of the advanced technology of 3D dental scanning to help them provide the best possible care for as many people as possible.
Keeping a smile on people’s faces is much more than just another way of saying “have a good day.” It is a matter of maintaining an innovative up-to-date dental practice and good health. Contact us today for precise and automated dental scanning services.